Wednesday 16 December 2009

The dangers of Absolute right...

..and so Oral Roberts (dead yesterday at 91 years) is today waking to find whether or not he was right.

Can you imagine his surprise, if for instance the Buddhists are right? "Jesus! You mean there is no heaven? My enemies (those who disagreed with me, or did not look like me) are not burning in Hell? What do you mean there is no hell? Then WHO is responsible? I am responsible? I don't even know what that means!"

OR what if the Hindus are right? "Um yes well now Miss Kali if you will just let me explain.... Those are very nice skulls you have there. Um yes... I’m very sorry for saying that, and if you will just give me a chance to speak for you; I mean to you…"

OR The Muslims? "Yes sir well now Allah eh? That's not so far from The Lord God now is it? I can see where you are coming from... Yes, well that Crusade business could have been a mistake but you can hardly blame me can you? Why I wasn't even born. Say what? Now I may have used the term “heathens and infidels” but I assure you I meant no insult to You Sir. It was not personal. I just thought I was right; divinely inspired you see…”

Or the Janes, or the Jews, or the American Indians or the….

This is why I always, in politics and spiritual matters, hold out the possibility that I could be wrong. What I would give to see his “face” today… Or he could be right in which case I am in big, major, trouble.

7 comments:

Mu Tai Dong said...

You joking right?

lady macleod said...

Mu
Thank you for coming by.

Ellee Seymour said...

Merry Christmas Lady Macleod, I hope it is peaceful and enjoyable.

Ian Lidster said...

And there is no truth to the rumor that Oral had a brother named Anal.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

James Higham said...

Merry Christmas to my favourite pagan. Sorry we stole December 25th - hope you enjoy it in your own way.

Gary said...

Merry Christmas, Crickett! I wish you and your family all the best.

lady macleod said...

Ellee,
Thank you and Happy Christmas to you as well. We had a wonderful holiday from Texas to Boston!
Thank you for coming by.


Ian
(he he) Happy Holidays to you my friend. and Thank you for coming by.


James
Oh it's all right ole chum, I don't mind sharing :-) Have a wonderful season and a glorious 2010!
Thank you for coming by.


Gary
The same to you! Happy Holidays and a 2010 full of joy and adventure.
Thank you for coming by.