Friday 14 December 2007

The Tipping Point indeed..

This is just too much fun, "Why Pregnant Women Don't Tip Over". Now you have a conversational tidbit for that next holiday party.



I have started WWIII. That I think is not so very bad, but I am having so much fun at it. Just as I normally read more than one book at a time, it is apparently better for me to write more than one book at a time. I spent over an hour yesterday at a toy store (yes, the simple finding of a toy store was surreal, for the big load I had to go to Souissi). I bought "combat commandos, three different boxed sets of action figures and vehicles - the SWAT and police units, the fire department unit, and the poor soon to be blown to bits in the name of my novel that is too much fun and a real alternative to the more serious one, civilians. I even have an incendiary device that makes "the sound". Q put her foot down last year when we were in Fez and I had one in the Villa (just practicing): after I had "fired it off" for about the one hundredth time, she rolled her eyes back, gave a put-upon sigh and said, “That’s it Mom.” - rotter. But now there is no one to complain. (the sound of wicked witch laughter)

I found a special vehicle (kismet I tell you) for "President Arnold S" (one of the main characters) - it is the Mr. Freeze auto that I am given to understand he drove in the Batman movie and the package included that car of the same genre, the Batmobile - which is now the vehicle that will convey our hero on his sojourns around the globe in the name of ...well I am just not sure of his motives yet as he is a Captain in SOCOM and being 28 years old he is embodied with the earnestness of youth.

I have some very cool miniature cars that will be serving to represent my tank units; I have colour stamps to put on them differentiating which Alliance. I don't have a proper War Table (I did not stomp my foot, perhaps just a bit then) and so I am creating one. I have one long table, and I found a piece of plywood (I think) behind the armoire (don't ask) that I can lay over the two small bedside tables. If I put the two side by side I should have a fair size area. I have to search out another map today. I have my trusty world map on the wall already (yes, I take a world map with me when I travel...) but I am using it to track shifts in alliance, and treaty violations, etc.

I need one for the table to lay out under my "stuff" so I can see the troop movements. I did not find any ships! Go figure. I need ships! I have to move the U.S. and the Chinese fleets around, not to mention the Japanese. I need some miniature carriers!

I am not defeated. I shall be busy the next few days, constructing my air force (I do need a few more planes however) and my soldiers for the field.
I couldn't believe they didn't have those, you know, plastic bags filled with soldiers, and then the small ships and planes...how do these children plan a proper offensive?

I do, however have two working missile bays that actually fire the missiles! Too cool. I am going to then plan another foray to the toy story, I am reasonably certain it is the only one in the New City; on the other hand, you can find the most outlandish items in the Medina... Onward!

Ciao.

16 comments:

Pamela T. said...

I'm guessing you're a big Risk fan, too? If so, I'll send Alex your way.

P.S. Clearly, I'm still not completely healed. I felt my stomach clench when I saw the word, "pregnant." I wonder if that response will ever go away...

Maude Lynn said...

You are having way too much fun!

You know, the only place I see the green army men in the plastic bag is at the grocery store. Go figure!

sally in norfolk said...

and I thought I was the mad one !!

James Higham said...

Straight into the Focus.

jams o donnell said...

Now that sounds like a load of fun. Enjoy! I wanted a Subbuteo set (a soccer game)for Xmas but the other half rolled her eyes. She did get me a Buckaroo recently though!

Sparx said...

You are having TOO MUCH FUN!! Or am I missing something more serious?? Wasn't it you last time with the Osama train? Right, I would write more but I have a week of your blog to catch up on at least and a link to follow... something about tipping over pregnant women. I was very tippable when pregnant I have to say so am a leetle curious.

Onwards! Oh, and nice to see you're migraine free. Did you every decide where to go for Chrimbo? Oh shut-up sparx and read on.

Sparx said...

PS, now that I've read it, you're right, I will be using that factoid extensively. I have a particularly good and fond friend who is highly pedantic and argumentative and this is JUST the sort of thing to set him off at dinner.

GP said...

Sounds like a heck of an arsenal you're amassing there.

lady macleod said...

pj

Send him over! I'm sorry about the "clench" my friend. It may never go away, you may have to embrace it.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

mama zen

It's true! I looked at Marjane here, but no joy.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

sally

No, you are not alone!

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

bretwalda edwin-higham

Indeed.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

jams

Sounds good! We should set up a play date.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

sparx

NO, just fun (and yes that was me:-)

Go for it at the party, hit him with the facts!

Great to see you. You must be knee deep in Santa preparations.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

unpremeditated

I'm doing my very best!

thank you for coming by.

Nicole said...

I believe Cain has some Army men that he might let go of just for you! I bought him a bag of them just before we left Atlanta at the dollar store...some of the men made it through the journey here!