Sunday 29 April 2007

Snickers is a food group

Yes I do indeed consider Snickers a food group in the two to three days that follow a migraine. I have been diligent all my life about eating healthy and exercising. It has paid off with general good health, a kick ass attitude, and the continuing flirtations of handsome men. I have a deal with my best friend Cathy who is also diligent about diet and exercise: when we are ninety we are going to eat (without restraint) croissants, cheeses,chocolate, and drink champagne, all from a comfy divan. There will be no activity that involves sweat, unless it is sex with an unfamiliar man.

Tomorrow I go in search of a gym here in Rabat. I want one with a treadmill, but they are scarce on the ground. With summer coming on and a serious lack of a/c in a country that has Sahara-summers I want one that at least has fans. We may have to travel to the posh side of town to find such. It seems such a shame to have the ocean right there and not run on the beach but I am hesitant. There was no one in Fez that ran, but I have seen men on the streets and trails in the parks here - no women which is what gives me pause. I am thinking I will take walks on the beach at different times and see what the atmosphere would be for running...

3 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

To save on money i have just cancelled my gym membership . first time in 11 years I will not be a member of a gym..... It feels awfull !!!!

sally in norfolk said...

Infact its 15 years and feels really really awfull !!!!

Anonymous said...

The thing is I doubt very much I would be going to a gym even if I did not have MS...then I wonder this: is my perception of what it feels like to be 'normally fit' clouded by the fact I have been beset by this disease most of my life?

Even as a child, my physical abilities were limited. I'm the girl who got stuck halfway along an obstacle course at the age of 10. My mother was there to watch my sports day...to witness the headmaster rescuing her daughter from atop a climbing frame.

These days we all know why I cannot climb downstairs. Then it was a total nightmare!