Wednesday 17 September 2008

the unexpected pleasures

I’m still blushing a little bit from the pleasure of it. A lovely young woman named K. (in case she doesn’t want her identity spread about cyberspace) approached me at bert’s and asked, “Are you Braveheart?”
“Yes.”
“My friends and I read your blog. It’s too bad you are leaving Morocco.”
“Yes, it’s time to go. I imagine I’ll keep the blog name the same, just the geography will change.”

I felt like a mini-celebrity, which is about as much notoriety as I will ever be comfortable with I think. Thank you K. for making my day.

2 comments:

jmb said...

Isn't that a delightful surprise? Don't change the name, for heaven's sake. You'll always be Lady Mac whom we first met in Morocco no matter where you blog from next.

James Higham said...

When you gotta go, you gotta go. All the best.