Thursday 12 March 2009

live every moment with passion

“Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to drawback, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man/woman could have dreamt would have come his/her way. I have learned a keep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets: “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.”

This is another paste up on one of my boards that I thought to share with you. I love this one. Again, I can’t give proper credit because it’s one of those that I’ve tucked about for so long I have forgotten from whence it came. I share it with acknowledgement to the author and apologies for my lapse of memory.

It is so true isn’t it? I can’t tell you the number of times it has proven true for me. I am a bit, just the tiniest bit – really I don’t need the medication, a perfectionist and rather zealous competitor, which has led me more than once down the path of procrastination. If I can’t do something that’s splendid then I fear to begin, or once begun, fear to finish. So I keep the above to read along with my most favourite, the words that have helped me many times put word to the page - by Hemingway, “The first draft of anything is shit so you may as well write it.”

I imagine this is on my mind today because in August of last year (2008) I was within shouting distance of finishing my first novel, only the last third to go – and then my life became more romantic and amazing (again, it has happened to me before) than anything I could write – so I stopped. Then came the big and very effective romancing – the trip to Paris, and the move to (of all the places on Earth) Houston, Texas usa. Then the cancer scare, then the surgery. I am now well and almost recovered so back to work I go. I think the interim was a good thing (in many ways not related to writing) in one way concerning my writing, as I am ready to go, my fingertips are itching to get back to it. In the coming days I shall be filling you in (yes Annie and Jenny – finally!) on the events that have led me to my present emotional and geographical environment.

I have to run, doctor’s appointment - with the important questions to ask – like when can I get back to exercise, when can I have my hair done, and other such matters.

Have a great day today my lovely readers. The recent events in Alabama and Germany, along with the uncertainty of everyday, should make us remember to live fully each moment we have. No time for negative people, no time for intolerance, no time for hate, no time for regret or guilt, no time – you get the idea. Get yourself hugged today and return the favour to someone else eh? Smile all over your face when someone you love comes into your line of sight.

Ciao

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that 'smile' today when one and only son made an unannounced visit this morning...I had even bothered to 'put a face on' as if I had known somehow that he would come. He has been having a really bad time lately in the current climate and today the worry and dread had lifted from his eyes.
He has learned that lesson...one day at a time, and is coping.
I am so happy to hear that you are in a great place now and I wish your happiness to continue.

Huge hugs.

Crushed said...

Well, it sounds like an eventful year...

Life is never static, in many ways the rollercoaster rides are the best bits, the quezy feeling in your stomach as you head for a down, only make the uplift more euphoric.

lady macleod said...

Moannie
I'm so sorry your son is one of those being hit hard during this economic crisis. How wonderful to know that the sight of a loving parent can lift some of the woe. I can imagine that made your day. Go Mom!
Thank you for your good wishes on my behalf.
Thank you for coming by.



Crushed
An eventful year indeed! I agree with you on the rollercoaster bits :-)
Hey I can't get you when I pull up your site. Is it a different address?
Thank you for coming by.

Anna said...

I am happy the story is coming! I just *know* it'll be worth the wait :-)

Blueberry said...

Thank you for stopping by and for the nice comments! Houston truly is a long way from Paris in so many ways, isn't it? Sounds like you will bloom where you are planted (as the saying goes)... or transplanted. :-)