Monday 15 October 2007

GIRL RANT, gentlemen talk amongst yourselves…

Monday evening…

And so the day before I set out on a 13 to 16 hour flight (depending on your time zone) (in any case I must rise at 0500 hours, and will not be abed until midnight) I made appointments for hair, manicure and pedicure at Dessange; the things that make a woman feel more inclined to a sixteen hour flight that has the possibilities of my bags ending in New Delhi, the chance of a seat mate who has not bathed recently or who takes up more room than allowed on the ticket, the possibility of no leg room, screaming babies, and screaming adults. I am thinking relaxation yes?

Not today! I arrive to have the young woman at the desk say, “Your appointment is for three yes?”

“No, my appointments are for twelve; for hair, a manicure, and a pedicure. I went to some trouble to be certain the appointments were set up correctly.” At the time last week when I made these appointments, Muss the magical hairdresser whom I love, acted as my interpreter. I have specific people I want for my appointments and again, went to some trouble to be sure their names were there on the book.

In fairness they did get me right in for my color and Muss did the “brushing” for my hair; which as always was marvelous. But now it is almost two o’clock and I am still waiting for a manicurist. When she arrived, it was not Inane whom I had asked for, but some child they have just hired. I could have done a better job myself, and I am terrible at it, which is why I go to the salon! Now I will have to book a salon in Canada to repair the nail color. Grrrr.

This I could have taken in stride, but then when I go to the desk, after securing a hair masque to take along on the trip, I am told, “Oh no Madame the machine is broken (the credit card machine).”

I will tell you that was the straw, the last coin, the shot, et. al. that did it. My temper exposed itself, not a lot, but in the ‘pissed’ category rather than rage – which I CAN do but try to keep in reserve for more important matters. I knew no one could understand me so it gave me some freedom to let it fly in English, but I do think they got the intent. After about twenty minutes of this and that I said, “You have five minutes. Make a decision, I’m leaving. I have an airplane to catch.”

In the end the manager gave me the bill to sign, with the agreement that when I return I will come in to pay the bill. I explained I would be gone until November, but by this time I really think he was properly aware that my temper COULD get worse. I signed, I left. Q was on AIM so I ranted to her, and now you – I feel better, and I’m done. Thank you for listening. ☺

Ciao.

26 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lady M, I do sympathise. I would have wanted exactly the same treatments and to go through all that chaos and then have the cc machine not working would make me scraem! It's the kind of thing that happens in Sicily, too. I'd have loved to hear you let fly!

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I'd say you could spend your 16-hour flight doing your nails, but you won't be allowed probably to carry nail varnish remover and nail varnish with you on board. It'll all be find in the end. Have a lovely time.

jmb said...

Oh dear, you will be putting me to shame. I'll have to find a burka to hide behind, except I actually have never seen anyone wearing one here.

Omega Mum said...

Good rant. And what good anger m'ment therapy by proxy for me. I feel better already. Ta v much

Briget said...

You know, I absolutely LOVE it when women "of a certain age", i.e. OURS, stand up for themselves and actually allow themselves to be - OMG - Angry!

Good for you.

Anonymous said...

I think you need a little shoulder massage your Ladyship.. would you care to slip into something more comfortable??

Kim said...

What a bother. I hate it when things don't go the way you planned them! You've had such wonderful luck before that I'm sure you'll be treated like royalty next time you indulge yourself.

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Oh, big hugs babe!

darth sardonic said...

that sucks, but as a guy who stuck around for the rant, can i say: damn it woulda been HOT to watch you handle that!!(?)

ummmm, ok, i am just crazy then.

ta

JayBee said...

I kept reading; perhaps I shouldn't have!

"I made appointments for hair, manicure and pedicure at Dessange; the things that make a woman feel more inclined to a sixteen hour flight"

I have never understood - being a man, I think - the need to look and feel good.

Go to the barber's - not the hairdressers - when my hair is long and get a quick shear and back into the world again. No big deal.

As for the rant: it's just as well I'll never be exposed to it.

Now, having exposed myself, I'll go back into my male cave.

Enjoy your trip.

GP said...

Sometimes it's great to be reminded of the benefits of being a balding male. Many thanks :)

Ellee Seymour said...

I would have been angry too because I enjoy treating myself to a manicure. At least we know your hair looks gorgeous.

@themill said...

A good rant - just as beneficial as a manicure. Last one I went for I got the Saturday girl - not impressed, but they did have the good grace to only charge me £5.

lady macleod said...

welshcakes

Glad to have you back! It was only a teeny rant really...

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

WUASTC

...and so it is.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

jmb

PLEASE no burkas in Surrey!

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

omega mum

Glad to help!

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

briget

he he.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

mutleythedog

Oh you naughty boy...

where did I put that last purchase from La vie en Rose?

I'm smiling...

thank you for coming by (and for the smiling)

lady macleod said...

kaycle

I think you are right.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

M&M

Thank you love.

and thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

darth

crazy maybe, but I love ya'

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

calumcarr

I hope all is comfy in the cave:-)

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

unpremeditated

I'm smiling.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

ellee


Indeed!

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

@the mill

You may well be right about that one! Good grace indeed!

thank you for coming by.