Sunday 14 October 2007

still playing catch-up..






Dear Annie at Blooming Marvelous has given me two awards. Huzzah! I'm shopping for that trophy cabinet. thank you so much for thinking of me, and thinking of me so kindly.

Mama Zen has memed me and wishes to know, "what's my view from my window?"

My little cobbled street outside is filled alternately with tourists and children, both are amusing. It is the laughter of the children that lifts my heart, and the teenage boys have become my posse - helping me out and being generally very fun. There are the football games with the little ones, and the twirling tops. Women in hijab and djellaba walk by, as do the girls in their fitted jeans and colorful tops and the occasional cat secure in their place in the world. Outside my window and across the river is the city of Sale’ that rings with the bloody history of the Barbary Pirates, the cries of the slaves, the guns of the Berbers, and the prayer calls of the Muslims - some are echoes, some are now. I can see the top of the oldest mosque in Rabat, which is in the Oudayas. Outside my window are adventure, romance, mystery, ignorance, poverty, richness, wisdom, and the always-changing reality of what tomorrow will bring.http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif



I tag Sicily Scene, jmb, and Dulwichmum with "what's your view from your window?"

I pass on to Sparx, Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, and Omega Mum the I Love Your Blog award.

I enjoy reading Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, today her column is a hoot; for a good laugh, read here.

9 comments:

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I love Maureen Dowd, and she looks like you! And I laughed very loudly while reading that column. Anyway, thank you very much for the award. And I love your description of your view.

lady macleod said...

WUASTC

Thank you darling, and you are welcome.

thank you for coming by.

Ellee Seymour said...

Congratulations on your latest well earned awards. I'm a Maureen Dowd fan too.

lady macleod said...

ellee

thank you. I think she's grand.

thank you for coming by.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely description, Lady M. Will do the tag tomorrow.

dulwichmum said...

Sweet Lady Macleod,

Thank you for the tag - indeed... what is the view from my window? Mmm...

@themill said...

I bet the posse of teenage boys are secretly in love with you....

Omega Mum said...

Am thrilled with award - how very kind. Did see it earlier but was struggling with inefficiency and mean to comment but didn't.

Sparx said...

Lady Macleod, I am humbled as I have only just gotten this far in your blog after my mammoth time away. Thank you so much for the award - I just gave it back to you!