Friday 19 October 2007

Frosty....

I’m freezing, and so happy about it. I can’t remember the last time I was really cold, but today one of the conference rooms was so frigid (even with the Princess coat on) I left the presentation early to scrape the frost off my ears and toes! It was fabulous.

Clouds have cleared from outside my window and I can see the mountains, but I fear my head is going to explode from all the information being thrown at me. I want to thank you all, lovely readers, for coming by and leaving comments – especially during this time when I am not doing any visiting of my own, due to the size of my brain. I can’t do one more thing!

Should any of you be writers in search of a writer’s conference, I am telling you this is the one to get your money’s worth – and that’s the word of a Scot! I listened, and made notes, and (yes jmb and Q), did my networking. Payoff: this evening over dinner a lovely young woman, who is attending the conference with her mum (my sort of girl!) gave me her card and the name of the person she suggested I contact to write yet another article about Curling in Morocco! How wonderful is that? I love it! I’m a ‘sports reporter’: a sports reporter who reports on Curling! Soon I shall be following the top Curling teams about the world to their competitions. Interviewing hunky Curling guys on the Ice (yippee, more cold stuff), and giving the inside call on who will win the next World Curling Cup. I already have the hat and the cigar…

The Princess Coat has been a big hit! I kept thinking of the stripper in the movie about Gypsy Rose Lee who said, “You gotta have a gimmick kid.” My conversation with the agent went very well this morning. It was a bit like speed dating, and I was nervous; but she was grand – and asked me to send her my ‘stuff’. Now, now.. not too excited, she may just have been being nice..

I have to rest my brain now; I am in fear of a sneaky migraine. You are all brilliant and wonderful, and I swear I can feel your support from wherever you are, all the way into Canada. That’s all pretty mushy for a Scot you know, so take it in that context.

Ciao.

15 comments:

jmb said...

I am so pleased that you are enjoying this conference and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Details! I'm sure you can hardly decide which talk to attend. Glad the talk with the agent went well.
You must not leave without showing me the Princess Coat.
Have a great Saturday there and enjoy the banquet.
regards
jmb

I Beatrice said...

It's frosty in the mornings here too at present - followed by days of brilliant blue and sunshine. I too am loving it. Is the Canadian 'fall' in evidence, I wonder?

But please, do not over-tax your poor brain! Sit still as much as you can, and just drink in....... I only ever once went to a conference of that sort, mind you - a Pacific Women's Confernece at the Commonwealth Institute, which I didn't much enjoy - so I'm not a good one to try to advise.

But please, are we to see a picture of you in the Princess coat? I have dreamed about that Princess coat......

Kim said...

Wonderful. That gave me a big smile. So glad you're enjoying yourself and having a great conference.

Ian Lidster said...

Fascinating following your experiences close to home. Re hunky curling guys, well I have noticed that so many women who curl are very high in the 'babe' factor. I don't know why that is. I have never curled, have never wanted to, but obviously the esthetics are fine.
Loved your comments on wonderful Deborah Kerr in your previous post. Bob Mitchum once said that Kerr was his favorite female co-star. ONe of the reasons was, as he said, her wonderfully dirty mind, and explicit references coming with that ladylike accent.

James Higham said...

Wonderful stuff, Lady M - I've just been reading about the grand meeting over at JMBs.

Anonymous said...

Why don't I have an agent - I have written 789 posts comprising nearly 410,000 words !?!

lady macleod said...

jmb

Details forthcoming, once the action is done!

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

i beatrice

sounds lovely in your neighborhood. My brain is tired but happy.

I don't like having my photograph made.... that's why I'm a writer, not an actress:-)

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

kaycle

You always give me a good smile:-)

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

ian

I hope your ears were twitching when jmb and I were saying all the nice things about you.

The 'babe' factor, now there's an image!

I loved Robert Mitchum as well (sigh).

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

sen.peter higham paul

She is great! We talked about you as well.... um hummm.

thank you for coming by.

lady macleod said...

mutleythedog

I have no answer for that question. You SHOULD have an agent!

thank you for coming by.

KarenO said...

Hope that migraine stays FAR away while you're at the conference. Hope you enjoy the rest of it as much as you do so far :)

debio said...

Sounds frenetic, lady m; wall-to-wall migraine-inducing speed. But sounds as if you're having a good time.

Good luck with the agent thing!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Congratulations on being a sports writer who writes about curling - and on the effect of the Princess coat! I, too, have been reading about the time you spent with jmb. Wish I'd been there!